Sunday, July 13, 2014

MIND MAP ONLINE TOOL


Mind Map – is a wonderful online tool to help you get your ideas, focus or goals out of your mind and onto paper in a logical way.  Using a simple theory, to write down your main goal and then use branches to record your lesser important tasks, and continue to branch off of these stems to lessor tasks.  Mapping out the concept of your goals and thoughts on what you are thinking and how you would like to complete your task.

I have used this idea when mapping out my plans to complete undergraduate school.  Listing school as the main idea and branching off to the different classes I wanted to take, resources required, dates of completions, study material, books that I need to purchase, vacation and business trips that would affect my time. 

This tool allowed me to see what was expected for this goal and I was able to continue to add to the mapping to help me organize and streamline this goal.  This is a wonderful tool to use to help with problem solving and organizing your thoughts.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for providing information on this. I was looking for a tool to help with project management. I use Microsoft Project but it's too linear and not freeform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carla you are most welcome, it's a great tool to use!

      Delete
  2. What an interesting concept and one that I definitely will be looking into for help with future planning on a personal and professional level. With all the various commitments in life, it could benefit not only me, but my family as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used this tool with both large and small business projects. As well as personal use, planning a trip, school, housework it has many applications to simply help you see what you've been thinking.

      Delete
  3. I have used this concept a few times, and I love the idea of it. It's simply and a great way to see my thoughts in front of me. Adding graphics and pictures is a great way to convey your thoughts, when using mind mapping

    https://www.google.com/search?q=mind+map&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=vI_EU8j2HsWnyAT3kIL4Dw&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1035&bih=563#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=QCr_IF3rsNFTMM%253A%3BXQid2vPAC945zM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.mindtools.com%252Fmedia%252FDiagrams%252Fmindmap.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.mindtools.com%252Fpages%252Farticle%252FnewISS_01.htm%3B2249%3B1754

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today I was able to use mind map to help with one of my current projects. I am organizing my projects before I start to hand over tasks to start production. I decided to record all of the documents, recording the process and all of the documentation needed to pass. This is a great tool.

    ReplyDelete