Thursday, July 17, 2014

Second Blog - S. Pelletier

I saw a bebe ad at a bus station stop while I was walking to class from Ogilvie train station in Chicago last year. While I was walking, the ad caught my eye and made me slowed my pace. It was a picture of a young woman dressed in classy outfit. At the bottom of the ad was the web-site that one could visit. I went to the web-site and saw a short clip of the spring 2013 collection. I liked what I saw and the next time I go clothes shopping I plan to stop by a bebe store and check it out. I liked this campaign in that it combine both forms of marketing, social media and traditional. The traditional was used to perk my interest and the social media was used to allow me book mark the bebe site so I could visit at a later time. What would have happened in the past is that I would have observed the ad at the bus station and thought nice but probably would have forgotten as I got caught up in my daily routine for the evening. But with the social media aspect, it allowed me to be more interactive with the ad; I was able to store the web site on my phone as I continued my walk, which allows me to go visit the site when I had more time. This promoted me to remember bebe clothes to the point that I plan to go to the store in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment