Saturday, July 12, 2014

Way - Post #2 Peapod


Peapod joined the internet boom in 1996, this company has revolutionized the grocery buying experience for busy professionals, elderly individuals, and working mothers by offering delivery of produce via the internet.  That same year, the company made the Inc. 500 list of fast-growing privately held US companies.

The business has expanded its offerings in alignment with the current web 2.0 technology by capitalizing on the social media explosion.  The “Peapod Delivers” page on Facebook allows Peapod to build within its environment a community.  They are expanding the way they want to communicate to current and potential customers streamlining the client customer experience.  They are able to engage users by advertising new products, service offerings, special promotions and ways to use them while allowing the customer to tag their own experiences via pictures, blog posts, YouTube.  They invite consumers to join a community.  

 

Peapod advertises physically on billboards and train cars.     They have apps for your handheld to facilitate ordering and they offer free delivery.  I never thought of using this type of service because I like to “touch” my produce.  However, I had my in-laws in from out of town one weekend and didn’t have time to shop, so I tried it.  I was sold on their service – it was easy and they exceeded my expectations.  I would definitely use the service again

1 comment:

  1. I've often wondered about the quality of the products like produce and frozen items, you have convinced me to give Peapod a try!

    ReplyDelete